Based in The University of Huddersfield
In the not so distant future, chunkles are a lucrative resource in which everybody wants. The only way to get it though, is to destroy a planet and extract the chunkles from its very core. Take control and build your very own intergalactic mining fleet. Tap as fast as you can to aim your laser cannons and destroy a diverse galaxy of planets, all in the name of glorious profit! Travel back in time with your planetary destruction research and create powerful future weapons that can unleash a devastating torrent of power. It’s planetary bubble wrap, all sealed and packaged for your phone!
Pocket Galaxy started development at the beginning of October, 2015 at Canalside Studios by a fresh team of 8 members who just started their placement year at the studio. The project has been developed by a core team of 4 (Marcus Nichols, Daniel Schofield, Nick Chilvers, Parampal Singh) with constant input from all 8 employees at Canalside Studios.
- Planetary bubble wrap, in the form of Galactic Conquest
- Diverse Galaxy of Planets
- Build your own galactic mining fleet that travels with you
- Array of Cosmic Powers to rapidly increase your planetary destruction
- Travel back in time with your research, and develop powerful future weapons
- Dynamic Soundtrack
Pocket Galaxy Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Best Team" Game Republic Student Showcase, 2nd June, 2016
- "2nd Place Best Art & Animation" Game Republic Student Showcase, 2nd June, 2016
- "2nd Place Best Game Technology" Game Republic Student Showcase, 2nd June, 2016
- "3rd Place Best Design" Game Republic Student Showcase, 2nd June, 2016
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
By Julian Surma facebook.com.
Pocket Galaxy Twitter
Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on development twitter.com.
Pocket Galaxy Facebook
Like us on Facebook facebook.com.
About Canalside Studios
Canalside Studios is an award-winning development studio within the School of Computing and Engineering at the University of Huddersfield. It is supported by a team made up of staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students who are studying either Computer Games Design or Computer Games Programming.
More information on Canalside Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pocket Galaxy Credits
Game Designer / Artist
Game Designer / Artist